Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shoutouts

Thank you Cheesecake Factory, for making me wait in line just to find out $1.50 cheesecakes were for dine-in guests only, and waiting time to dine-in was close to 2 hours. Screw you, I'm eating Korean Tofu.

Thank you egg, for burning my chin this morning when i was trying to fry you.

Thank you "The Hills Season 3" for giving me unrealistic expectations of fashion and life. My ideal is now Brody Jenner (good looks, unlimited wealth, and the son of a celebrity aka major hook-ups).

So a few days ago, as I was perusing the bestseller display at B&N, I came upon Chelsea Handler's new hardcover. I had heard fabulous things about it from Amazon.com, and so I sat down with it and dug into a few chapters. I laughed, I cried, I walked out 3 hours later with a new lease on life.

I now feel good about myself. There are people in the world who are more effed up than me, who can make it to the top. I no longer have qualms about my puny love life, my lack of tanning abilities, or whatnot, knowing that at least I haven't gotten a DUI, only to be caught for using a fake ID, sent to a Women's State Penitentiary, and forced to bunk with a murderer. As much as life bores me sometimes, I am not THAT desperate for a little action.

Countdown to summer school begins now, 2 days til I move into my apt, 4 days til I start classes. Still job-hunting and internship-hunting. Life is peachy.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2008 © Fiona. All rights reserved.