Tuesday, September 9, 2008

COLLEGE FINALS

Tests are a fact of life. But preparing for 2 essay questions is asking for mental suicide.

So I bought a peppermint plant from Ralph's last night. Peppermint is supposed to calm the nerves and ward off bugs (which are swarming my apartment like an anthrax explosion).

I don't know whether to water it or not. It didn't come with instructions. I have a feeling it won't live to see me get my finals back. But I do hope it'll help me concentrate, freak out less, and ace those 2 finals. These days, knowledge and writing ability won't get you anywhere, but kissing up to the professor and regurgitation (aka plagiarism of the Professor's words) will. So I must do the latter. Come on, I really want that A...

Anyway, I'm still soul searching...looking for a job prospect, or internship that really excites me for once. Being pre-med isn't supposed to be fun, but aren't there any tiny perks along the way???

I guess not. I've decided, the secret to success is to FAKE IT TIL YOU MAKE IT, as a little birdie, aka some pompous CEO of some international corporation, told me once.

FAKING IT IS SO HARD. But until I look the part, I might as well start faking the "fake" part. Ew verbosity.

And the Academy Award goes to...

UPDATE:

I'm planning on seeing a psychic. Any sort of positive brainwashing I can get, I'll take. I don't have religion to help me cope. Sadly, I've never believed in Santa, and it's even less likely I could trust a deity to bring me hope. Positive affirmations help, but they're much too flimsy to stand up to the taunts and judgments of the masses. Without even the slightest superficial support of my parents, I am a tiny boat lost at sea. So little by little, I'm trying to stay afloat, remember my destination, and do it with a big cheesy smile....without resorting to becoming heavily medicated.

CORRECTION:

THIS POST IS NOT A REFLECTION OF ME. IT IS THE INTERNAL MONSTER SURFACING. DANGER. BACK AWAY NOW. COME BACK WHEN I'M IN A BETTER MOOD...AKA WHEN AUNT FLO LEAVES.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2008 © Fiona. All rights reserved.