Friday, December 5, 2008

Study Break Post

I hope everyone had a joyous Thanksgiving. How was mine, you ask? The youzh.

Hometown Buffet turkey dinner (mm..mm..gross). A few noisy bickering/muttering obscenities of the parents. And me trying to redecorate my room to avoid thinking about the killers outside my window and my door.

Every holiday. The same.

Killers.. I believe someone was shot across the street from my neighborhood. Killer #2: "If I brought you into the world, I sure as hell can take you out of it again"--Whoever said this...can you please tell my mother you were kidding? She's very impressionable. And she's watched a lot of crime TV.

Movies I'd like to see: Milk

Types of Blogs I'm currently reading: cultural, architecture, design blogs with fresh, modern, "abstracty-techno" designs, ones with a New York urban feeling
i.e. http://cedric-paris2e.blogspot.com/
(he's so crazy I love it)

http://parispopcorn.blogspot.com/
Things to avoid: celebrity gossip, annoying haters, ditzy people, facebook

BTW. how can people spend all day on facebook. There is so much creativity, inspiration, excitement!!! in the blogging world. I'm about to explore it a little more after lunch and a possible phone call to the mom. Is it time to reconcile? I hope so...

My disgruntledness with family matters has spilled into my friendships...causing me to be bitter, cynical, and downright mean. What happened? Did I used to take it all out on my parents and that's what kept me sane in my social network? Without a scapegoat/ranting-victim, is my dry sarcasm the carcass of my identity?? But who am I anyway? A girl with a "bitch"-face every time I walk into a classroom? Something I mistook for confidence? Let's just stop all this from forming into habit. Absorbing all the web has to offer has always placated an anxious, confused me. Time for a vacation...seriously.

I'm trying surround myself with people who really bring out the best in me and to stay away from those who bring me down. If that means being anti-social, so be it.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2008 © Fiona. All rights reserved.