Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Poor R'US

I've always envisioned studying as being a natural process where the words and ideas just LEAP from the page, glide through my neurotransmitters, and fuse perfectly into the right receptors. Ugh. If only it were so easy. These days, studying is more a chore than a labor of genuine intellectual love.

Only by reading things I truly enjoy, am I pulled out of a mechanical trance. It's this shocking jolt of "reader-confidence" that reaffirms my learning prowess. It signals my mind to lift the floodgates so that the rush of knowledge can finally flow freely in.

Word of the day: IMPREGNATE
It's meaningful and applicable to so many forms of life.

Sure, the literal definition is kind of unpalatable. Have you SEEN Knocked Up?? Ugh...

But in a poetic sense. I see new life...new ideas....Obama... haha



...awkward way of transitioning to my point: America needs to stop letting China beat their/our (I'm confused) ass and taking taxpayers' hard-earned money to spend on pulling other people out of their political unrest when there are so many DAMNED problems within our own borders..aka education!(I can't get into my public university classes because of budget cuts!) healthcare! (what happened to the universal healthcare that was once promised??!), and a deteriorating job market inherited by the fresh-out-of-college generation including me!

I'm sick of the verbal backwash from political pundits who are all talk and no action. It's time for a revolution.

First a repeal of the CA state sales tax increase from 8.25% to 9.25%. Did you know that at CA already the highest state sales tax rate before the increase?? California budget crisis, my a**. That is your fault Mr. Schwarzenator for signing the us into further debt! I already feel ripped off every time I buy Pinkberry, but now, it is a serious felony! No more Pinkberry or any other taxable goods for me. I'm moving to Delaware (state sales tax=0). Goodbye.
http://www.boe.ca.gov/news/pdf/l212b.pdf

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2008 © Fiona. All rights reserved.